GNACC Manufacturing Career Fair
Friday, May 3rd hosted at the Holiday Inn
10 Laura Boulevard, Norwich CT
8:30am-1:30pm *Signup for students/schools available for different time slots.
Information for Students-Career Fair Preparation
The GNACC Manufacturing Career Fair is focused on helping YOU our current and future job seekers, connect with employers within the manufacturing industry. This is a way to educate you on what will make you successful and provide resources that will guide you toward the career path that suits you. You’ll benefit from meeting employers in manufacturing and be exposed to amazing opportunities to make connections with various individuals within these companies.
Prerequisites and Qualifications
* Must be currently enrolled in the Manufacturing Pipeline Program OR have a dedicated path to enter the Pipeline Program. If you are not currently enrolled in the program, you must provide a Statement of Interest stating why you are interested in manufacturing and what your future career goals are prior to the event. This will be the qualifying factor to ensure you can participate.
* Be able to express your career interests and qualifications including strengths, academic preparation, related experiences, and skills.
* Prepare a 30 second value proposition that highlights what you can do, not what the prospective employer can do for you.
* Bring multiple copies of your Resume OR Statement of Interest. Print enough for all the employers you plan to visit plus extras.
* Research Companies
* Review the list of participating employers and research the organizations. This will show potential employers you are hard-working, eager, dedicated and goal-oriented.
* Choose a minimum of 5 employers to research and speak to at the event.
* Demonstrate confidence: make eye contact, give a firm hand shake, and smile!
* Dress to impress! How you choose to visually present yourself makes a lasting impression.
* All Cell phones need to be silenced and put away during this event.
Communicate with Employers
* Find out what you would need in order to be successful in that career path, get more information.
* Listen carefully.
* ASK QUESTIONS!! Prepare a few questions in advance to add to the conversation.
Contact GNACC for more details at (860) 887-1647 or email